Sunday 21 April 2013

It must be hard to be an atheist

I've been trying to be empathetic. That is, I'm trying to understand how good (in human terms) intelligent people can form an honest view that there is no God. To be honest I struggle. I have never been able to see the case for atheism, and this probably puts me at a real disadvantage when I discuss with them.

But I know many wonderful people who would call themselves atheists and whose compassion, integrity and virtue puts some Christians to shame. So I hope the argument can be won with logic and reason. Anyway, here is an excellent article about someone who took the journey from atheist to Christian, forced there by the sheer power of reason:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/march/atheists-dilemma.html?start=1

No comments:

Post a Comment